- 18 /May, 2018
Things to Consider when buying a Ceiling Fan :
Ceiling fans are a mandatory accessory in any Indian home. Whether you are buying a new indoor or outdoor fan, or replacing the old one, the wide range of choices and designs are always overwhelming. You are most likely to be confused about which one will suit your room, in terms of both aesthetics and performance. Here are some quick tips that you may find it useful when shopping for the perfect fan for your home:
1. Right size fan for the room : The first important factor is the right size of fan for your room. The fan you buy should be the right size to work effectively in the room. For that, it’s best to first know the room size and then determine which size of the fan fits right.
2. Height of the ceiling : Once you know the size of the room, you need to measure the ceiling height, so that you know how much to suspend the fan from the ceiling. Ideally, it should be at least seven feet above the floor.
3. Efficiency : After determining the size, it is important to understand how efficient and effective the fan is. You need a fan that works well, moves air around the room. Watching out for an energy efficiency rating is advisable.
4. Price check : It is always good to do a price check before buying the fan. It is wise to know the price difference between different stores selling fans.
5. See before you buy : If you are an online-shopper, it is advisable to go to the store instead and see the fan for yourself before buying it. That gives you the satisfaction of buying the right thing.
6. Warranty : Look for a brand that gives good warranty on the fan.
7. Style and design : Now that you have worked out the technical specifications, think about the style and design that blends well with your interiors. For that, you must consider the colour of your walls, ceiling and even the type of décor of your home.
8. Accessorised fans : There are several types of accessories with ceiling fans these days, specially lighting accessories that add to the light effects of your room.