- 18 /May, 2018
Five Things to Keep in Mind when Selecting the Right Switch
Going to an electrical store to buy a switch is not just another shopping trip. There is a lot more to choosing the right switch for your home other than its appearance and colour and how well it blends with your interiors. Here are five useful tips to keep in mind when buying a new switch for your home:
1. What type of a switch : It is essential to first decide what type of a switch you want for your home. Whether conventional or modular. Since conventional switches have gradually become obsolete, it is best to choose modular ones.
2. Current rating : The next important factor is the current rating of the switch. You must understand your requirement and application of the switch before purchase. There are different ratings like:
3. Safety : You must ensure that the switches are made of fire retardant material. The sockets must be shuttered to avoid any accidental exposure of children to electrical current. This can be ensured by checking for a genuine ISI mark on the switch.
4. Longevity : Good quality modular switches are generally known to have longer lifespan than ordinary ones. Most of the switches have a lifespan of more than 2,00,000 clicks that can last you a lifetime.
5. Ease of use : Ergonomic switches that make less noise and while turning on and off and which require less effort while pressing are always preferable.
Good quality modular switches generally have all the above qualities and more. It is always best to select from reliable brands that have guaranteed products.
10/ 12 /2019 Here’s How You Can Choose A LED Light That Saves Money When you’re setting up your dream home you want to have the best décor, appliances & fittings. The right lighting can make a great difference for new homes, renovated homes, or even when you are carrying out minor improvements. Ideal lighting […]
25/ 11 /2019 Copper is the most commonly found chemical element at home and is particularly used for household’s wiring. It can also be spotted in electrical appliances and in the kitchen in the form of cutlery and bottles. Cold to touch with a rust-orange lustre, copper is affordable and is found virtually everywhere. Good […]
25/ 11 /2019 Running a restaurant isn’t like in the movies. Often glamorised and made to look like it’s all fun and games. It involves lots of research, investing in new concepts and ideas, settling on the restaurant’s USP, receiving funding, analysing competition, hiring the right people to make a dream team, getting the right […]
30/ 09, 2019 Every house has at least two ceiling fans that provide much-needed ventilation and comfort. More than a bladed mechanical object, fans are now an integral part of everyone’s lives. Ceiling fans are the best to cool you down at an affordable price. Although air conditioners have gained traction as a necessity in […]
30/ 09, 2019 Ever wondered what keeps the electricity going in your entire building? The working principle of an electrical distribution board is a fascinating one. It houses all the contact breakers, earth leakage units, doorbells and timers. In other words, it ensures that electrical supply is distributed in the building. The entire supply of […]