- 18 /May, 2018
Five Things to Keep in Mind when Selecting the Right Switch
Going to an electrical store to buy a switch is not just another shopping trip. There is a lot more to choosing the right switch for your home other than its appearance and colour and how well it blends with your interiors. Here are five useful tips to keep in mind when buying a new switch for your home:
1. What type of a switch : It is essential to first decide what type of a switch you want for your home. Whether conventional or modular. Since conventional switches have gradually become obsolete, it is best to choose modular ones.
2. Current rating : The next important factor is the current rating of the switch. You must understand your requirement and application of the switch before purchase. There are different ratings like:
3. Safety : You must ensure that the switches are made of fire retardant material. The sockets must be shuttered to avoid any accidental exposure of children to electrical current. This can be ensured by checking for a genuine ISI mark on the switch.
4. Longevity : Good quality modular switches are generally known to have longer lifespan than ordinary ones. Most of the switches have a lifespan of more than 2,00,000 clicks that can last you a lifetime.
5. Ease of use : Ergonomic switches that make less noise and while turning on and off and which require less effort while pressing are always preferable.
Good quality modular switches generally have all the above qualities and more. It is always best to select from reliable brands that have guaranteed products.
31/ 07, 2019 The scorching summer heat takes a toll on your mind and body. The days are long and tiring while the nights are humid and uncomfortable, making it impossible to live without sufficient ventilation. Electric fans are an easy and budget-friendly solution to beat the heat. However, table fans are even more convenient […]
30/ 07, 2019 An office is a creative space to brainstorm and come up with innovative solutions. All the aspects of a workspace have to be conducive enough for employees to be productive and full of energy. There are many problems individuals face in their work environment, be it work deadlines or performance pressure. These […]
30/ 07, 2019 We come across myriads of electrical and electronic instruments in our everyday life. All of this equipment is made of circuits with the right connections for accurate functioning of these appliances. For a circuit to function well, a vital component called a resistor needs to be present. Resistors are one of the […]
15/ 07, 2019 A real bond elucidates true love, respectful relationships and happiness that is shared. A real bond is the link that holds a family together, not just by blood, but with boundless affection and countless memories that can be cherished for years to come. The first-ever real bond is the one with our […]
30/ 06, 2019 As the name suggests, a floor light or floor lamp is a tall-standing lighting device that is placed on the ground. Typically, a floor lamp ranges from between 4 feet to 6 feet based on its functionality. Since the light is elevated, it provides an illusion of vertical space, making it one […]