- 05 /March, 2018
MCB – Your defender for home
MCB or Miniature Circuit Breaker is an electrical switch that is automatically operated to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused due to excess passage of current. In simple terms, its basic function is to detect faults and glitches by interrupting continuity, to immediately discontinue electrical flow. A circuit breaker can be reset either automatically or manually and is not similar to a fuse, which operates once and has to be replaced. They are used to protect electrical systems, equipment and appliances from short-circuit and overload.
Finolex MCB’s provide higher breaking capabilities and is a reliable defender for your home:
1. MCB provides short-circuit protection and overload. An MCB is a mechanical device which is capable of making, carrying and breaking currents under normal conditions and also breaking currents under specified abnormal circuit conditions such as those of a short circuit.
2. In MCB’s, the faulty zone of electrical circuits can be easily identified. Faulty circuit trips to the off position; whereas in the fuse, the wire needs to be checked by opening the fuse grip.
3. Quick restoration of electric supply. In case of a trip, one just needs to push the knob of the MCB to on position. On the other hand, the fuse has to be rewired or replaced for restoring the electric supply.
4. MCB’s are much more sensitive than a Fuse As the name suggests, the MCB’s automatically break the electric circuit during the short circuit, overload and faulty conditions.
5. The performance of MCB is good in case of earth leakage.
6. MCB is reusable and hence the maintenance cost replacement is less compared to fuse.
7. Handling an MCB is electrically safer than a fuse.
Finolex MCBs provide higher breaking capabilities and offer close, accurate and reliable protection against overload and short-circuit.
A circuit breaker is an automatically-operated electrical switch designed to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused due to excess passage of current. Its basic function is to detect a fault and, by interrupting continuity, to immediately discontinue electrical flow. Unlike a fuse, which operates once and then has to be replaced, a circuit breaker can be reset (either manually or automatically) to resume normal operation. Circuit breakers are made in various sizes, from small devices used to protect an individual household appliance up to large switchgear designed to protect high voltage circuits to supply an entire city.
31/ 07, 2019 The scorching summer heat takes a toll on your mind and body. The days are long and tiring while the nights are humid and uncomfortable, making it impossible to live without sufficient ventilation. Electric fans are an easy and budget-friendly solution to beat the heat. However, table fans are even more convenient […]
30/ 07, 2019 An office is a creative space to brainstorm and come up with innovative solutions. All the aspects of a workspace have to be conducive enough for employees to be productive and full of energy. There are many problems individuals face in their work environment, be it work deadlines or performance pressure. These […]
30/ 07, 2019 We come across myriads of electrical and electronic instruments in our everyday life. All of this equipment is made of circuits with the right connections for accurate functioning of these appliances. For a circuit to function well, a vital component called a resistor needs to be present. Resistors are one of the […]
15/ 07, 2019 A real bond elucidates true love, respectful relationships and happiness that is shared. A real bond is the link that holds a family together, not just by blood, but with boundless affection and countless memories that can be cherished for years to come. The first-ever real bond is the one with our […]
30/ 06, 2019 As the name suggests, a floor light or floor lamp is a tall-standing lighting device that is placed on the ground. Typically, a floor lamp ranges from between 4 feet to 6 feet based on its functionality. Since the light is elevated, it provides an illusion of vertical space, making it one […]