- 05 /March, 2018
MCB – Your defender for home
MCB or Miniature Circuit Breaker is an electrical switch that is automatically operated to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused due to excess passage of current. In simple terms, its basic function is to detect faults and glitches by interrupting continuity, to immediately discontinue electrical flow. A circuit breaker can be reset either automatically or manually and is not similar to a fuse, which operates once and has to be replaced. They are used to protect electrical systems, equipment and appliances from short-circuit and overload.
Finolex MCB’s provide higher breaking capabilities and is a reliable defender for your home:
1. MCB provides short-circuit protection and overload. An MCB is a mechanical device which is capable of making, carrying and breaking currents under normal conditions and also breaking currents under specified abnormal circuit conditions such as those of a short circuit.
2. In MCB’s, the faulty zone of electrical circuits can be easily identified. Faulty circuit trips to the off position; whereas in the fuse, the wire needs to be checked by opening the fuse grip.
3. Quick restoration of electric supply. In case of a trip, one just needs to push the knob of the MCB to on position. On the other hand, the fuse has to be rewired or replaced for restoring the electric supply.
4. MCB’s are much more sensitive than a Fuse As the name suggests, the MCB’s automatically break the electric circuit during the short circuit, overload and faulty conditions.
5. The performance of MCB is good in case of earth leakage.
6. MCB is reusable and hence the maintenance cost replacement is less compared to fuse.
7. Handling an MCB is electrically safer than a fuse.
Finolex MCBs provide higher breaking capabilities and offer close, accurate and reliable protection against overload and short-circuit.
A circuit breaker is an automatically-operated electrical switch designed to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused due to excess passage of current. Its basic function is to detect a fault and, by interrupting continuity, to immediately discontinue electrical flow. Unlike a fuse, which operates once and then has to be replaced, a circuit breaker can be reset (either manually or automatically) to resume normal operation. Circuit breakers are made in various sizes, from small devices used to protect an individual household appliance up to large switchgear designed to protect high voltage circuits to supply an entire city.
Modular Colour Plates Add To Your Home Decor Modular plates are the coverings on your electrical switches. Their main purpose is to keep wires out of sight, and to keep you safe. These plates have evolved over the years to be more in tune with interior designing trends. Earlier, the décor of a room could […]
LED Lighting Trends For 2020 It is not only a new year but a new decade. The modern home and how people live is constantly evolving. Lighting today is a matter of interior design, illumination, productivity, environment and pricing. The successful transition to LEDs has seen light ambience ranging from warm to cool, from ideal […]
10 Décor Ideas To Try In 2020 31/ 01 /2020 You might want to upgrade your home, remodel, or you’re simply moving into a new place. The start of the year is a great time to set the mood for the decade. The year 2020 is set to bring some interesting trends for home décor. […]
26/ 12 /2019 A ceiling fan isn’t meant to just keep a room cool. It can be decorative & even help make your cooling systems more efficient. There are lots of choices available for today’s homeowners. There are even great options available for installations in large halls or businesses. It can be a little intimidating […]
10/ 12 /2019 Here’s How You Can Choose A LED Light That Saves Money When you’re setting up your dream home you want to have the best décor, appliances & fittings. The right lighting can make a great difference for new homes, renovated homes, or even when you are carrying out minor improvements. Ideal lighting […]