- 05 /March, 2018
MCB – Your defender for home
MCB or Miniature Circuit Breaker is an electrical switch that is automatically operated to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused due to excess passage of current. In simple terms, its basic function is to detect faults and glitches by interrupting continuity, to immediately discontinue electrical flow. A circuit breaker can be reset either automatically or manually and is not similar to a fuse, which operates once and has to be replaced. They are used to protect electrical systems, equipment and appliances from short-circuit and overload.
Finolex MCB’s provide higher breaking capabilities and is a reliable defender for your home:
1. MCB provides short-circuit protection and overload. An MCB is a mechanical device which is capable of making, carrying and breaking currents under normal conditions and also breaking currents under specified abnormal circuit conditions such as those of a short circuit.
2. In MCB’s, the faulty zone of electrical circuits can be easily identified. Faulty circuit trips to the off position; whereas in the fuse, the wire needs to be checked by opening the fuse grip.
3. Quick restoration of electric supply. In case of a trip, one just needs to push the knob of the MCB to on position. On the other hand, the fuse has to be rewired or replaced for restoring the electric supply.
4. MCB’s are much more sensitive than a Fuse As the name suggests, the MCB’s automatically break the electric circuit during the short circuit, overload and faulty conditions.
5. The performance of MCB is good in case of earth leakage.
6. MCB is reusable and hence the maintenance cost replacement is less compared to fuse.
7. Handling an MCB is electrically safer than a fuse.
Finolex MCBs provide higher breaking capabilities and offer close, accurate and reliable protection against overload and short-circuit.
A circuit breaker is an automatically-operated electrical switch designed to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused due to excess passage of current. Its basic function is to detect a fault and, by interrupting continuity, to immediately discontinue electrical flow. Unlike a fuse, which operates once and then has to be replaced, a circuit breaker can be reset (either manually or automatically) to resume normal operation. Circuit breakers are made in various sizes, from small devices used to protect an individual household appliance up to large switchgear designed to protect high voltage circuits to supply an entire city.
31/ 05, 2019 It is safe to say that in today’s digital age, wired connections have taken a back seat. They are often synonymous with clutter and inconvenience, creating a mirage of limitations that tend to camouflage their benefits. However, when it comes to the aspect of functionality and security, wired broadband is still remains […]
31/ 05, 2019 Summer is at its peak in India, and the last thing you need is your air conditioner switching off and tripping the circuit breaker. If this happens to your air conditioner frequently, you may be wondering how to rectify the situation. Let’s first take a look at the role your AC circuit […]
31/ 05, 2019 There is no doubt that a safe workplace ensures a safe workforce – and the one aspect that plays a big role in safety at work is the use of right electrical switches. This is especially true when you are dealing with a small workspace where the switches are used frequently and […]
30/ 04, 2019 Do you know that one out of six electrocutions in India are caused due to the non-usage of proper electrical safety equipment? Apart from voltage fluctuations and environmental factors like thunder and lighting, undertaking electrical work without appropriate gadgets and safety precautions are also one of the major causes of electric shock. […]