- 05 /March, 2018
MCB – Your defender for home
MCB or Miniature Circuit Breaker is an electrical switch that is automatically operated to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused due to excess passage of current. In simple terms, its basic function is to detect faults and glitches by interrupting continuity, to immediately discontinue electrical flow. A circuit breaker can be reset either automatically or manually and is not similar to a fuse, which operates once and has to be replaced. They are used to protect electrical systems, equipment and appliances from short-circuit and overload.
Finolex MCB’s provide higher breaking capabilities and is a reliable defender for your home:
1. MCB provides short-circuit protection and overload. An MCB is a mechanical device which is capable of making, carrying and breaking currents under normal conditions and also breaking currents under specified abnormal circuit conditions such as those of a short circuit.
2. In MCB’s, the faulty zone of electrical circuits can be easily identified. Faulty circuit trips to the off position; whereas in the fuse, the wire needs to be checked by opening the fuse grip.
3. Quick restoration of electric supply. In case of a trip, one just needs to push the knob of the MCB to on position. On the other hand, the fuse has to be rewired or replaced for restoring the electric supply.
4. MCB’s are much more sensitive than a Fuse As the name suggests, the MCB’s automatically break the electric circuit during the short circuit, overload and faulty conditions.
5. The performance of MCB is good in case of earth leakage.
6. MCB is reusable and hence the maintenance cost replacement is less compared to fuse.
7. Handling an MCB is electrically safer than a fuse.
Finolex MCBs provide higher breaking capabilities and offer close, accurate and reliable protection against overload and short-circuit.
A circuit breaker is an automatically-operated electrical switch designed to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused due to excess passage of current. Its basic function is to detect a fault and, by interrupting continuity, to immediately discontinue electrical flow. Unlike a fuse, which operates once and then has to be replaced, a circuit breaker can be reset (either manually or automatically) to resume normal operation. Circuit breakers are made in various sizes, from small devices used to protect an individual household appliance up to large switchgear designed to protect high voltage circuits to supply an entire city.
10/ 12 /2019 Here’s How You Can Choose A LED Light That Saves Money When you’re setting up your dream home you want to have the best décor, appliances & fittings. The right lighting can make a great difference for new homes, renovated homes, or even when you are carrying out minor improvements. Ideal lighting […]
25/ 11 /2019 Copper is the most commonly found chemical element at home and is particularly used for household’s wiring. It can also be spotted in electrical appliances and in the kitchen in the form of cutlery and bottles. Cold to touch with a rust-orange lustre, copper is affordable and is found virtually everywhere. Good […]
25/ 11 /2019 Running a restaurant isn’t like in the movies. Often glamorised and made to look like it’s all fun and games. It involves lots of research, investing in new concepts and ideas, settling on the restaurant’s USP, receiving funding, analysing competition, hiring the right people to make a dream team, getting the right […]
30/ 09, 2019 Every house has at least two ceiling fans that provide much-needed ventilation and comfort. More than a bladed mechanical object, fans are now an integral part of everyone’s lives. Ceiling fans are the best to cool you down at an affordable price. Although air conditioners have gained traction as a necessity in […]
30/ 09, 2019 Ever wondered what keeps the electricity going in your entire building? The working principle of an electrical distribution board is a fascinating one. It houses all the contact breakers, earth leakage units, doorbells and timers. In other words, it ensures that electrical supply is distributed in the building. The entire supply of […]