- 11 /Feb, 2018
How to save electricity bills
As if the summer heat is not enough, skyrocketing electricity bills can also make your head spin. So here are some simple methods of saving electricity at home. If you are a little watchful about how electricity is used or abused in your home, you can make the difference.
1. The evergreen rule of switching off lights and other devices when they are not in use. Switch off lights when you leave a room or unplug devices when they are not in use like mobile phone chargers. Some devices do use electricity even when they are turned off.
2. When you spend a lot of time outdoors, your electricity bill goes down because you reduce the use of electronics at home. When you leave the house, make sure you have turned off all the electronics.
3. Cut down on cooling costs by keeping curtains or blinds closed. That helps to shut out the sun rays from heating up your room.
4. Use fans more than air-conditioners because they help to circulate the air inside the house while you keep the windows open. Try keeping a table fan on the window early in the morning and also keep your ceiling fans on. You will find that it circulates and brings cool air into your room.
5. Use your air-conditioner efficiently by maintaining an optimum temperature of 24 degrees. The lesser the difference between internal and external temperatures, the lesser is your bill. Try switching off the AC at night and early morning.
6. Use energy-efficient light bulbs. LEDs are the need of the hour as they help save electricity to a large extent.
7. Use energy-efficient appliances. When buying appliances or gadgets, it’s important to check their energy consumption to ensure you get lower bills.
8. If you have a house, plant more shady trees on the west and south side of the house as that helps to make it cooler and reduces cooling costs in the long run.
Modular Colour Plates Add To Your Home Decor Modular plates are the coverings on your electrical switches. Their main purpose is to keep wires out of sight, and to keep you safe. These plates have evolved over the years to be more in tune with interior designing trends. Earlier, the décor of a room could […]
LED Lighting Trends For 2020 It is not only a new year but a new decade. The modern home and how people live is constantly evolving. Lighting today is a matter of interior design, illumination, productivity, environment and pricing. The successful transition to LEDs has seen light ambience ranging from warm to cool, from ideal […]
10 Décor Ideas To Try In 2020 31/ 01 /2020 You might want to upgrade your home, remodel, or you’re simply moving into a new place. The start of the year is a great time to set the mood for the decade. The year 2020 is set to bring some interesting trends for home décor. […]
26/ 12 /2019 A ceiling fan isn’t meant to just keep a room cool. It can be decorative & even help make your cooling systems more efficient. There are lots of choices available for today’s homeowners. There are even great options available for installations in large halls or businesses. It can be a little intimidating […]
10/ 12 /2019 Here’s How You Can Choose A LED Light That Saves Money When you’re setting up your dream home you want to have the best décor, appliances & fittings. The right lighting can make a great difference for new homes, renovated homes, or even when you are carrying out minor improvements. Ideal lighting […]