- 11 /Feb, 2018
How to save electricity bills
As if the summer heat is not enough, skyrocketing electricity bills can also make your head spin. So here are some simple methods of saving electricity at home. If you are a little watchful about how electricity is used or abused in your home, you can make the difference.
1. The evergreen rule of switching off lights and other devices when they are not in use. Switch off lights when you leave a room or unplug devices when they are not in use like mobile phone chargers. Some devices do use electricity even when they are turned off.
2. When you spend a lot of time outdoors, your electricity bill goes down because you reduce the use of electronics at home. When you leave the house, make sure you have turned off all the electronics.
3. Cut down on cooling costs by keeping curtains or blinds closed. That helps to shut out the sun rays from heating up your room.
4. Use fans more than air-conditioners because they help to circulate the air inside the house while you keep the windows open. Try keeping a table fan on the window early in the morning and also keep your ceiling fans on. You will find that it circulates and brings cool air into your room.
5. Use your air-conditioner efficiently by maintaining an optimum temperature of 24 degrees. The lesser the difference between internal and external temperatures, the lesser is your bill. Try switching off the AC at night and early morning.
6. Use energy-efficient light bulbs. LEDs are the need of the hour as they help save electricity to a large extent.
7. Use energy-efficient appliances. When buying appliances or gadgets, it’s important to check their energy consumption to ensure you get lower bills.
8. If you have a house, plant more shady trees on the west and south side of the house as that helps to make it cooler and reduces cooling costs in the long run.
31/ 05, 2019 It is safe to say that in today’s digital age, wired connections have taken a back seat. They are often synonymous with clutter and inconvenience, creating a mirage of limitations that tend to camouflage their benefits. However, when it comes to the aspect of functionality and security, wired broadband is still remains […]
31/ 05, 2019 Summer is at its peak in India, and the last thing you need is your air conditioner switching off and tripping the circuit breaker. If this happens to your air conditioner frequently, you may be wondering how to rectify the situation. Let’s first take a look at the role your AC circuit […]
31/ 05, 2019 There is no doubt that a safe workplace ensures a safe workforce – and the one aspect that plays a big role in safety at work is the use of right electrical switches. This is especially true when you are dealing with a small workspace where the switches are used frequently and […]
30/ 04, 2019 Do you know that one out of six electrocutions in India are caused due to the non-usage of proper electrical safety equipment? Apart from voltage fluctuations and environmental factors like thunder and lighting, undertaking electrical work without appropriate gadgets and safety precautions are also one of the major causes of electric shock. […]