- 11 /Feb, 2018
How to save electricity bills
As if the summer heat is not enough, skyrocketing electricity bills can also make your head spin. So here are some simple methods of saving electricity at home. If you are a little watchful about how electricity is used or abused in your home, you can make the difference.
1. The evergreen rule of switching off lights and other devices when they are not in use. Switch off lights when you leave a room or unplug devices when they are not in use like mobile phone chargers. Some devices do use electricity even when they are turned off.
2. When you spend a lot of time outdoors, your electricity bill goes down because you reduce the use of electronics at home. When you leave the house, make sure you have turned off all the electronics.
3. Cut down on cooling costs by keeping curtains or blinds closed. That helps to shut out the sun rays from heating up your room.
4. Use fans more than air-conditioners because they help to circulate the air inside the house while you keep the windows open. Try keeping a table fan on the window early in the morning and also keep your ceiling fans on. You will find that it circulates and brings cool air into your room.
5. Use your air-conditioner efficiently by maintaining an optimum temperature of 24 degrees. The lesser the difference between internal and external temperatures, the lesser is your bill. Try switching off the AC at night and early morning.
6. Use energy-efficient light bulbs. LEDs are the need of the hour as they help save electricity to a large extent.
7. Use energy-efficient appliances. When buying appliances or gadgets, it’s important to check their energy consumption to ensure you get lower bills.
8. If you have a house, plant more shady trees on the west and south side of the house as that helps to make it cooler and reduces cooling costs in the long run.
10/ 12 /2019 Here’s How You Can Choose A LED Light That Saves Money When you’re setting up your dream home you want to have the best décor, appliances & fittings. The right lighting can make a great difference for new homes, renovated homes, or even when you are carrying out minor improvements. Ideal lighting […]
25/ 11 /2019 Copper is the most commonly found chemical element at home and is particularly used for household’s wiring. It can also be spotted in electrical appliances and in the kitchen in the form of cutlery and bottles. Cold to touch with a rust-orange lustre, copper is affordable and is found virtually everywhere. Good […]
25/ 11 /2019 Running a restaurant isn’t like in the movies. Often glamorised and made to look like it’s all fun and games. It involves lots of research, investing in new concepts and ideas, settling on the restaurant’s USP, receiving funding, analysing competition, hiring the right people to make a dream team, getting the right […]
30/ 09, 2019 Every house has at least two ceiling fans that provide much-needed ventilation and comfort. More than a bladed mechanical object, fans are now an integral part of everyone’s lives. Ceiling fans are the best to cool you down at an affordable price. Although air conditioners have gained traction as a necessity in […]
30/ 09, 2019 Ever wondered what keeps the electricity going in your entire building? The working principle of an electrical distribution board is a fascinating one. It houses all the contact breakers, earth leakage units, doorbells and timers. In other words, it ensures that electrical supply is distributed in the building. The entire supply of […]