- 18 /May, 2018
Things to Consider when buying a Ceiling Fan :
Ceiling fans are a mandatory accessory in any Indian home. Whether you are buying a new indoor or outdoor fan, or replacing the old one, the wide range of choices and designs are always overwhelming. You are most likely to be confused about which one will suit your room, in terms of both aesthetics and performance. Here are some quick tips that you may find it useful when shopping for the perfect fan for your home:
1. Right size fan for the room : The first important factor is the right size of fan for your room. The fan you buy should be the right size to work effectively in the room. For that, it’s best to first know the room size and then determine which size of the fan fits right.
2. Height of the ceiling : Once you know the size of the room, you need to measure the ceiling height, so that you know how much to suspend the fan from the ceiling. Ideally, it should be at least seven feet above the floor.
3. Efficiency : After determining the size, it is important to understand how efficient and effective the fan is. You need a fan that works well, moves air around the room. Watching out for an energy efficiency rating is advisable.
4. Price check : It is always good to do a price check before buying the fan. It is wise to know the price difference between different stores selling fans.
5. See before you buy : If you are an online-shopper, it is advisable to go to the store instead and see the fan for yourself before buying it. That gives you the satisfaction of buying the right thing.
6. Warranty : Look for a brand that gives good warranty on the fan.
7. Style and design : Now that you have worked out the technical specifications, think about the style and design that blends well with your interiors. For that, you must consider the colour of your walls, ceiling and even the type of décor of your home.
8. Accessorised fans : There are several types of accessories with ceiling fans these days, specially lighting accessories that add to the light effects of your room.
31/ 05, 2019 It is safe to say that in today’s digital age, wired connections have taken a back seat. They are often synonymous with clutter and inconvenience, creating a mirage of limitations that tend to camouflage their benefits. However, when it comes to the aspect of functionality and security, wired broadband is still remains […]
31/ 05, 2019 Summer is at its peak in India, and the last thing you need is your air conditioner switching off and tripping the circuit breaker. If this happens to your air conditioner frequently, you may be wondering how to rectify the situation. Let’s first take a look at the role your AC circuit […]
31/ 05, 2019 There is no doubt that a safe workplace ensures a safe workforce – and the one aspect that plays a big role in safety at work is the use of right electrical switches. This is especially true when you are dealing with a small workspace where the switches are used frequently and […]
30/ 04, 2019 Do you know that one out of six electrocutions in India are caused due to the non-usage of proper electrical safety equipment? Apart from voltage fluctuations and environmental factors like thunder and lighting, undertaking electrical work without appropriate gadgets and safety precautions are also one of the major causes of electric shock. […]